Private Walking Tour, Ancient Greek Theater & Wine Tasting
From the Ancient Greek Theater to a wine tasting, a walking tour is the ideal way to discover Taormina and be properly introduced to this unforgettable city and its unique historical heritage.
Taormina lies on the slopes of Monte Tauro and was dubbed the “Pearl of the Mediterranean” by the famous German baron Wilhelm von Gloeden.
The enchanting town appears to have been created to seduce the eyes, the mind, and the imagination. It is worth a visit simply to understand its history and heritage, take a romantic escape, or just to relax.
Every church, every street, and every building are full of the colors, people, and magic that make Sicily famous.
The most remarkable monument of all is the Ancient Greek Theater, set in a breathtaking location with an unbeatable view of Mount Etna and the beautiful coastline of the Ionian Sea. Jump the queues and visit this wonderful historical site with our professional licensed guide.
Taormina has become famous around the world not only for its beautiful scenery and views of Etna sloping down into the turquoise sea, but also for the dolce vita of the extravagant and famous visitors who have been here. Many interesting artists, philosophers, and scientists such as: Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, Friedrich Nietzsche, Gustav Klimt, Sigmund Freud, Albert Einstein, Truman Capote and Greta Garbo adored spending time in Taormina.
You can follow in their footsteps with our guide who will show you the most beautiful corners and streets of the town, and help you uncover all of their most evocative secrets.
During this walk you will visit the famous Ancient Greek Theatre, the beautiful Palazzo Corvaja, the Odeon – a small Roman theater, the church of Saint Catherine, Vicolo Stretto – the narrowest street in Taormina, Corso Umberto – the fashionable and charming main street, and Piazza IX Aprile – the main square with a magnificent view of the majestic profile of Etna and the coast of the Bay of Giardini Naxos stretching up the hill to the Greek Theater.
At the end of the tour we will stop for wine tasting in a typical Sicilian wine bar where the owner will introduce you to the different types of wines produced in Sicily, including Etna D.O.C., produced on the black lava slopes of Mount Etna. The wine tasting will be accompanied by local delicatessen products.
- Private Walking Tour
- Take a private guided visit through The Ancient Theater
- Enjoy a relaxing walk through Taormina with your personal and professional English speaking guide
- Taste delicious Sicilian wines accompanied by local delicatessen products.
- Discover Taormina’s most famous sites including: Corso Umberto, Palazzo Corvaja, the Roman Odeon, and Piazza IX Aprile
|Tours available on||
10.00 am, 5.30 pm
|Tour departure point||
Taormina Ancient Greek Theater
3 hours (approx.)
- Private walking-tour of Taormina with English speaking licensed professional guide
- Entrance Ticket to The Ancient Theatre with no waiting in line
- Tasting of 3 Sicilian wines accompanied by local products.
- Personal expenses and extra drinks
- Tour confirmation will be given within 24 hours through a voucher to be presented on the day of the tour.
- Please inform us of any food intolerances or allergies in advance.
- This tour includes a walking part. Please let us know in advance of any special need or impaired mobility of the clients and we will do our best to accommodate them.
- Please note that Italy's law does not allow to serve alcoholic beverage to teens under 16 year of age. Children under this age will be served non-alcoholic beverages.
- Only in English to enhance the quality of the experience
- Clients are required to be at meeting point 10 min. prior to the scheduled departure time.