Discover Scuba Diving+Lunch
Give scuba diving a try with this activity that introduces the basics. If you don’t feel quite ready to launch yourself into a certified course or you don’t have a lot of time, this course is the perfect fit. After a scenic ride on the dive boat along the Taormina coastline, you will experience two dives under the guidance of a certified scuba diving guide. At the end of the tour, enjoy a delicious fish based lunch just a few meters from the waters of the nature reserve of Isola Bella.
Get ready to be amazed by the unique morphology of the coast and its wonderful seafloor. Colorful Mediterranean Sea fans and Pinne Nobilis, which is the biggest Mediterranean clam, will frame your dive. After meeting your diving professional who will offer a detailed dive briefing, get fitted in full scuba gear and receive an introduction to the various dive sites. When your group is ready, you will head out into the beautiful turquoise waters of Taormina’s bays and get ready for your underwater experience.
Before heading underwater, enjoy a scenic ride on the dive boat and admire the magnificent views of Isola Bella and Grotta Azzurra. You will dive under direct guidance of a certified dive instructor to maximum six meters. During this experience you will learn how to use scuba equipment and get a quick and easy introduction to what it takes to explore the underwater world. If you like the Discover Scuba Diving and want to try some more, you can do a second dive with a maximum depth of twelve meters. You will discover what it feels like to breathe underwater and how easy it gets after a few minutes.
Dive in the natural reserve of Isola Bella, a beautiful island with its steps and walls studded with sponges and astroidies (small sea daisies). Marvel at the sea life and feel free to ask any questions about the creatures you see. Refreshments are offered to all guests during the tour and along with our friendly staff you will enjoy the magical atmosphere of Sicily. Our crew will be on hand throughout this experience to guarantee your safety and enjoyment with care and professionalism.
At the end of the tour enjoy a delicious fish based meal in a typical Sicilian restaurant by the crystal waters of the natural reserve of Isola Bella.
The minimum age for this scuba diving experience is 10 years old.
- Small group size to ensure an authentic and personalized experience
- Enjoy a 4 hour diving adventure with a friendly and professional crew
- Explore by boat the Grotta Azzurra, Capo Taormina, and Grotta del giorno
- Dive into the crystal clear waters while admiring Etna and the gulf of Giardini Naxos
- Enjoy a fresh fish lunch served waterfront, admiring the nature reserve of Isola Bella
|Tours available on||
6 hours (approx.)
Porta Catania Gate
- Pickup in central meeting point in Taormina
- Boat ride along the coastline of Giardini Naxos and Taormina
- 2 dives with certified scuba diving guide
- Air supply underneath the boat and an oxygen tank and first aid kit on board
- First class equipment
- Refreshments on board, soft drinks, seasonal fresh fruit, Sicilian liquors with local biscuits
- Fish based lunch, drinks included: 1/2Lt mineral water, 1/4 Lt local wine
- Personal expenses and extra drinks
- Drop Off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Your Discover Scuba Diving experience counts for the PADI Scuba Diver certification or Open Water Diver certification
- Divers will be asked to fill a registration form
- The dive boat is a comfortable 7.50 meter diving RIB with a roof
- Please inform us of any food intolerance or allergies in advance
- Sunscreen, sunglasses, and your own towel are recommended
- English only to enhance the quality of the experience
- Clients are required to be at meeting point 10 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time
- Drinks included:1/2Lt mineral water, 1/4 Lt local wine
- Children participating must be at least 10 years old, and accompanied by one parent