Private Etna Wine Tour&Lunch
With a professional sommelier as your guide, visit three wineries on the slopes of Mount Etna and experience the excellence of Etna Doc wines. Learn about the specific characteristics of the terroir and the effect that Mediterranean climate have on the cultivation of the vines. Travel by minivan through the rocky landscape of Etna and finish the tour at a family owned antique winery and enjoy a homemade lunch served in the villa’s garden.
Enjoy an exclusive private tour in the Etna Wine region to discover flavors, colors and traditions of our land.
Travel in a comfortable minivan from Taormina through the rocky landscape of Etna to visit three different wineries on the slopes of the volcano, we will tell ypu about the stories of the men who have worked passionately to make Sicily an internationally renowned wine region.
A sommelier will walk you through the specific characteristics of the terroir and the effect that the Mediterranean climate and the vicinity to the sea have on the cultivation of the vines.
You will learn all about the wine making process – from the harvesting of the grapes to the bottling and aging of the wine – which are all carried out with typical Sicilian devotion and love.
We start the tour by visiting a beautiful winery extending from 650 to 850 meters above sea level. You will have the chance to admire the terraces where the vineyards grow, surrounded by small charming lava stone cottages, see the elements of old and modern wine production and taste a 100% Chardonnay Classic and a vinified Nerello Mascalese.
The large antique wine press will take you back in time and show you how wine was made for centuries, whilst the modern technological system will show you how Etna’s wine is currently made.
Strolling through the vineyards of this enchanting winery you will discover all the particularities of the vines, leaving you with an unforgettable experience.
The second stop will be at an internationally renowned boutique winery. Here you can admire the vines growing on the the dark volcanic field that gives the grapes the unforgettable color and taste that make Etna Doc famous worldwide.
In a beautiful panoramic spot you will taste one of the most important Etna Doc red and white wines, paired with a locally produced olive oil.
The tour will conclude with a visit to a small family owned antique winery, located at a private villa, where you can enjoy a walk around some rare examples of vines that are over 80 years old. The charming cellar represents an intimate timeless environment where a selection of great and authentic Etna Doc wines rest.
Our sommelier will offer you 2 wines to taste. Thanks to its aged plants the wines have distinctively intense and spicy notes.
A home made lunch will be served in the relaxing garden by the family owning this exclusive winery.
Thanks to the unique environment, natural beauty, and its quality wine production, Mount Etna has been recognized as a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 2013.
- Pick up and drop off from Hotels in Taormina, Giardini Naxos and Letojanni
- Private Guided Tour of three wineries accompanied by a Sommelier
- Visit of the cellar and walking tour o the vineyards
- Lunch and tasting of 6 Etna wines
|Tours available on||
Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday
|Tour departure point||
Giardini Naxos Hotels, Letojanni Hotels, Taormina Hotels
Return to the pick up point
- Transportation from/to Taormina, Giardini Naxos and Letojanni on a Mercedes Sedan or Minivan
- Sommelier private guided tour
- 3 Courses Lunch in a Boutique Winery
- Tasting of two wines in each Winery
- Olive oil tasting
- Extra drinks and personal expenses
- Tour confirmation will be given within 24 hours, through a voucher that must be presented on the day of the tour.
- Please wear hiking boots or sneakers
- A vegetarian menu is available if requested at the time of booking.
- Clients are required to be at meeting point 10 min. prior to the scheduled departure time.
- Please inform us in advance of any special needs or impaired mobility and we will do our best to accommodate you