Taormina Sailing Tour
Visit the bays of Taormina by boat and learn the basics of sailing.
Visit the bays of Taormina by boat and learn the basics of sailing. Relax, swim, and enjoy a fresh fish lunch on board admiring the natural reserve of Isola Bella.
Enjoy a tour on board of one well equipped sailing boat along Taormina’s enchanting coast and romantic bays in the middle of the Mediterranean Sea. Relax and swim in a clear blue water and discover Naxos, Mazzarò, Isola Bella, Mermaids Bay. An oasis of peace rich in hidden beauties.
Being on a sailboat you can also have the opportunity to learn some sailing’s basics with our professional skippers who will assist you and take care of you during the experience on board.
Admire the Bay of Isola Bella, the Grotta Azzurra, the Grotta Verde – renamed as the Love Cave due to a very little shore inside it that can host two people only, the bays of Mazzarò and Spisone, Capotaormina and be fascinated by its rugged and unusual coastline, and the bay of Naxos with its breathtaking views of Mount Etna.
You will experience a traditional sea voyage on board of the comfortable sailing boat where you’ll enjoy a delicious fish based meal for lunch while admiring the natural reserve of Isola Bella.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- All necessary equipment included
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Lunch, beverage included
- Vegetarian meal option available
- Led by a local skipper for a more personalized experience
- Travel by boat and see the sights of Taormina from the water
- Free soft drinks included during the activity
8 hours (approx.), from 10:00 am until 6:00 pm
- Round trip transportation available from Taormina, Giardini Naxos & Letojanni
- Professional english speaking skipper
- Boat trip along Taormina's bays
- Lunch on board
- Open bar (all listed boat tours include open bar with following quantities and choices):
- Water still and/or sparkling (On average 1,5lt per person)
- Soft drinks (on average 2 x 33cl per person)
- 1,5lt Orange Juice
- Wine (1 bottle each 3 participants)
- Beer (on average 2x33cl cans per person)
- 1 bottle of Sicilian Prosecco
- Personal expenses and extras
- Confirmation will be given at the time of booking with the exclusion of bookings made within three days of the tour date. In such a case, confirmation will be sent within 24 hours subject to availability.
- Please see the “Weather conditions”, ‘’Cancellation policies’’ and ‘’Insurance and licensed’’ in notes.
- Only in English to enhance the quality of the experience
In case of adverse sea conditions as listed before, with verifiable certainty 48-24h before departure , we will previously inform guests and ask for another available day according to their permanence in Sicily.
If they don’t have another available date we’ll cancel the reservation and refund the amounts. If sea conditions are safe and acceptable departure is guaranteed "Sea & Rain.”
The cancellation policy are as follows:
- No penalties for cancellations by 30 days prior the scheduled departure.
- 50% of total reservation is refundable by 15 days prior the scheduled departure.
- 100% of total reservation will be charged for cancellation by 10 days prior the scheduled departure.
No refund for no show.
The adverse weather conditions that prevent a safe and enjoyable navigation are the following :
- SAILING BOATS: Wind speed up to 25 knots – Sea waves 4-5 Beaufort rate
- MOTOR BOATS: Wind speed up to 20 knots – Sea waves 4-5 Beaufort rate
Insurance and licensed:
All listed boats are equipped with regular navigation licenses and qualified staff in possession of nautical licenses and rescue courses as required by regional and Italian laws.
All listed boats have regular insurance policy for damages to persons transported due to extraordinary events (boat collision, shipwreck) and subordinate to the negligence of the master and / or staff on board.
Once on board we always inform about rules and behavior instructions for a safe navigation. All accidents occurred on board for non-observance of these rules won’t be covered by insurance contract policy.
Refund claim and responsibility:
SicilyLifestyle (hereafter named The Company) is responsible to you in mandatory and intermediary arrangements for boat tour services listed and other services required. All supplier are independent contractors and are not agents, employees, or servants of, or joint ventures with the Company.
All travel documents for boat tour services issued by the Company are subject to the terms and conditions specified by the supplier rental contract ruled by Italian law of navigation. Our Company reserves the right to accept or reject any person as a tour participant, to expel any tour participant from the tour, to make changes in the itinerary and to cancel a tour at any time whenever the Company deems it necessary for the comfort, convenience, or safety of the participants. The tour participant agrees that neither the Company nor its affiliates shall be liable for any damage, loss (including personal injury, death, and property loss) or expense occurred by any act or omission of any supplier providing the tour services or any other person.