Etna Wine Tour + Lunch
Experience the excellence of Etna Doc wines by visiting three wineries with our sommelier. Enjoy a home made lunch in a family owned boutique winery.
Sicily has always had an extraordinary food and wine culture, and our Wine Tour aims to give you a full understanding of all that this fertile land has to offer.
You will travel in a comfortable minivan from Taormina through the rocky landscape of Etna to visit three different wineries on the slopes of the volcano, while we will tell you about the stories of the men who have worked passionately to make Sicily an internationally renowned wine region.
During the tour lead by a wine expert will explain specific characteristics of the terroir and the effect that the Mediterranean climate and the vicinity to the sea have on the cultivation of the grapes.
You will learn all about the wine making process – from the harvesting of the grapes to the bottling and aging of the wine – which are all carried out with typical Sicilian devotion and love.
We start our tour by visiting a beautiful winery extending from 650 to 850 meters above sea level. You will have the chance to admire the terraces where the vines grow, surrounded by small charming lava stone cottages, see the elements of old and modern wine production and taste a 100% Chardonnay Classic and a vinified Nerello Mascalese.
The large antique wine press will take you back in time and show you how wine was made for centuries, whilst the modern technological system will show you how Etna’s wine is currently made.
Strolling through the vineyards of this enchanting winery you will discover all the particulars of the vines, leaving you with an unforgettable experience.
Our second stop will be at an internationally renowned boutique winery. Here you can admire the vines growing on the the dark volcanic field that gives the grapes the unforgettable color and taste that make Etna Doc famous worldwide.
In a beautiful panoramic spot you will taste one of the most important Etna Doc red and white wines, paired with a locally produced olive oil and bread.
Etna Wine Tour will conclude with a visit to a small family owned winery,where you can enjoy a walk around some rare vines that are over 80 years old. The charming cellar represents an intimate timeless environment where a selection of great and authentic Etna Doc wines rest.
Our sommelier will offer you 2 wines to taste. Thanks to its aged plants the wines have distinctively intense and spicy notes. A home made lunch will be served in the relaxing garden by the family who own this exclusive winery.
Thanks to the unique environment, natural beauty, and its quality wine production, Mount Etna has been recognized as a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 2013.
- Small group size to ensure an authentic and personalized experience
- Take a full-day tour to the Etna wine-making region
- Taste six prestigious local wines, including the famous Etna DOC
- Explore three wineries on Etna with our professional sommelier guide
- Enjoy a delicious lunch in a charming private villa
|Tours available on||
|Tour departure point||
7 hours (approx.)
Return to the pick up point
- Transportation from/to Taormina, Giardini Naxos and Letojanni by comfortable Minivan
- English speaking sommelier
- Guided tour of 3 wineries and their cellars
- Visit to vineyards
- 6 Wine Tastings (2 wines per winery)
- Olive oil and local product tasting
- Typical Sicilian rustic lunch
- Extra drinks and personal expenses
- Tour confirmation will be given at the time of booking through a voucher that must be presented on the day of the tour.
- Please note that Italy’s law doesn’t permit selling alcoholic beverages to teens under 16 so children under this age will be served non-alcoholic beverages only.
- Please inform us in advance of any special needs or impaired mobility and we will do our best to accommodate.
- A vegetarian menu is available if requested at the time of booking.
- Only in English to enhance the quality of the experience
- Clients are required to be at meeting point 10 min. prior to the scheduled departure time.