Private Isola Bella Fishing Tour and Lunch
Fish with a local fisherman then feast on your spoils caught at the crystal clear Isola Bella
Today it’s possible to follow the local fisherman’s footsteps thanks to the an exclusive tour restricted to a small number of participants to guarantee and enhance an authentic experience.
The meeting point is a centrally located office where our tour leader will be waiting to lead you to the Isola Bella nature reserve on board of the comfortable minivan, and will be on hand to assist you throughout the tour.
You will then descend the steps that lead to one of the most renowned places in Taormina – Isola Bella – defined the Pearl of the Mediterranean by the famous German baron Wilhelm von Gloeden.
After a fascinating visit to the Grotta Azzurra and bays of Taormina in a typically Sicilian wooden fishing boat you will stop at a local fishing spot. Our local fisherman will show you the tools used everyday to catch the local fish.
Get ready to get your hands dirty preparing the bait, and feel the lines tug as you hook some local delicacies. You will learn to fish like the true Sicilian fishermen and locals who regularly enjoy this past time.
With the fishing over there’s just enough time for a dip in the shimmery blue waters, then it’s time to enjoy a meal of the fresh catch. Our chef will prepare and serve you lunch just a few meters from the waters edge.Get ready to get your hands dirty preparing bait and feeling the lines tug as you hook some local delicacies. On board you may help yourself to mineral water and seasonal fresh fruit, and before returning to Isola Bella you will embrace another Sicilian tradition – the aperitivo.
With the fishing over there’s just enough time for a dip in the shimmery blue waters, then it’s time to enjoy a meal of your fresh catch. Our chef will prepare and serve you lunch just a few meters from the waters edge.
- Small group size to ensure an authentic and personalized experience
- Take a cultural journey into the life of the Sicilian fishermen.
- Experience a traditional wooden boat trip to the Grotta Azzurra and the bays of Isola Bella and Capo Taormina
- Catch and familiarize yourself with the local Sicilian delicacies
- Savor a delicious lunch by the waters of the nature reserve of Isola Bella.
|Tours available on||
Hotel Giardini Naxos, Hotel Letojanni, Hotel Taormina
6 hours (approx.)
- Pick up with minivan from the centrally located meeting point in Taormina
- Boat trip with visits to the Grotta Azzurra and bays of Isola Bella and Capo Taormina
- 2,5 hours fishing and all necessary equipment
- Water, soft drinks on board
- Fresh fish lunch, drinks included (1/2 Lt mineral water, ¼ Lt local wine)
- Entrance to any historical/archeological sites
- Personal expenses and extra drinks
- Drop Off
- Tour confirmation will be given at the time of booking through a voucher that must be presented on the day of the tour.
- The tour is subject to cancellation in the case of adverse weather or sea conditions. Please see the “Sea & Rain Policy” on our website.
- Vegetarian menu available when requested at the time of booking.
- Please inform us of any food intolerance or allergy in advance.
- Please note that this tour is not suitable for people with impaired mobility.
- Only in English to enhance the quality of the experience