Taormina Boat Tour + Fish Lunch
Visit the bays of Taormina by boat. Relax, swim, and enjoy a fresh fish lunch by the waters of the natural reserve of Isola Bella.
To really see Taormina is to experience it from its most privileged vantage point. That is, from the beautiful sea that surrounds it. Enjoy a day at sea visiting the bays of Taormina and the coast of the pearl of the Ionian with this authentic and relaxing tour.
The meeting point is the centrally located office in Taormina where the tour leader will be waiting to lead you to the Isola Bella nature reserve on board of the comfortable minivan, and will be on hand to assist you throughout the tour.
You will then descend the steps that lead to one of the most renowned places in Taormina – Isola Bella – defined the Pearl of the Mediterranean by the famous German baron Wilhelm von Gloeden.
You will experience a traditional sea voyage while on board our comfortable boat, caressed by the sea breeze and relaxed by the lapping waves. You will visit not only the fascinating Grotta Azzurra with its colorful shades of blue, but also Capo Taormina and its rocky coastline – made famous by the film Le Grand Blue. Etna and the Gulf of Giardini Naxos will provide the perfect backdrop for a photo to remember the moment, and this will be the perfect place for a refreshing dip in the waters surrounding the Grotta del Giorno.
The tour will continue along the coast towards the Bay of Mazzarò, the beach of the locals or ‘taorminesi’, and past the luxury hotels and fashionable lidos where everyday the slow dolce vita of Sicily is celebrated.
Than visit the Bay of Mermaids, one of the most secluded and characteristic bays of the entire coastline and also the perfect location for a swim in the clear cool waters.
The boat tour ends at Isola Bella. Thanks to its unique nature and its geographical form, the island has been declared to be a monument of historical and artistic interest and value.
At the end of the visit, prepare to taste a wonderful fish based meal in a typical Sicilian ‘trattoria’ just a few meters from the crystal waters of the reserve.
- Small group size to ensure an authentic and personalized experience.
- Enjoy a walk along the characteristic path that leads to Isola Bella.
- Take a sea voyage to the Grotta Azzurra, Capo Taormina, Grotta del giorno, the Bay of Mazzarò, and the Bay of Mermaids.
- Dive into the crystal waters while admiring Etna and the gulf of Giardini Naxos.
- Relax with a fresh fish lunch by the waters of the nature reserve of Isola Bella.
|Tours available on||
Friday, Monday, Wednesday
|Tour departure point||
Sicily Lifestyle office
4 hours (approx.)
- Pick up with minivan from the centrally located meeting point in Taormina to the Isola Bella nature reserve.
- Boat tour with visits to the Grotta Azzurra, Capo Taormina, the Grotta del giorno, the Bay of Mazzarò, and the Bay of Mermaids.
- Water and soft drinks on board
- Fish based lunch, drinks included
- Entrance to any historical/archeological sites
- Personal expenses and extra drinks
- Drop Off (to return to Taormina center we recommend taking the cable car which is located a few meters from the main entrance of the Isola Bella)
- Tour confirmation will be given at the time of booking through a voucher which must be presented on the day of the tour.
- The tour is subject to cancellation in case of adverse weather or sea conditions. Please see the “Sea & Rain Policy” on our website.
- Vegetarian menu available when requested at the time of booking.
- Please inform us of any food intolerance or allergy in advance.
- Please note that this tour is NOT suitable for people with impaired mobility.
- Only in English to enhance the quality of the experience
- Drinks included: 1/2 Lt mineral water, 1/4 Lt local wine.
- Clients are required to be at meeting point 10 min. prior to the scheduled departure time.