Vintage Fiat 500 Self-Drive Godfather Tour
Prepare to be the center of attention driving a stylish vintage Fiat 500 along the lovely streets of Savoca and Forza d’Agrò, where Francis Ford Coppola shot some of the most famous scenes from his masterpiece, The Godfather.
Commonly known as a Cinquecento, the quaint and perfectly pint-sized vintage Fiat 500 is a symbol of the famous and stylish Italian culture, as well as being the most adored car in Italy.
Follow the tour leader’s car to discover the beautiful villages of Savoca and Forza D’Agrò – the location for the scenes set in Corleone of Francis Ford Coppola’s The Godfather. You will drive one of the quaint and perfectly pint-sized vintage Fiat 500, a symbol of the famous and stylish Italian culture, as well as the most adored car in Italy.
Cruising along the roads you will pass prickly pear plants and almond trees that typify this gorgeous region. Open the roof or the windows and feel the sun and breeze on your skin as you enjoy a relaxing drive through Sicily’s charming roads with your eye-catching and stylish retro car. Be prepared to be the center of attention as you stop off to take photos.
Admire the Sicilian countryside as you keep ascending to the first stop – the enchanting town of Savoca. Savoca is a small town of strong artistic and historical interest, surrounded by orange, almond, and olive trees. The city preserves Medieval, Renaissance, and Baroque remains and is famous for the crypt where the embalmed corpses of Savoca’s upperclass nobles from XVIII and XIX century are exhibited.
While in Savoca you must stop for a Lemon granita at the famous bar “Vitelli’’, one of Coppola’s favorite places. Sit in the exact spot where Al Pacino informed Appollonia’s father that his name was Michael Corleone and threatened him with an untimely death.
Next stop is the Church of Santa Lucia, where the scene of the wedding between Michael Corleone and Apollonia took place.
Than drive to Forza D’Agrò, a typical village of the east Sicilian coast selected by the director to shoot some scenes of the Godfather II and III. The tour continues to see the Baroque Chiesa Madre and the Castle built in XVI century. From here you can admire the magnificent views of the Ionian Sea, Taormina, and Calabria.
- A 3 hour long tour discovering Savoca and Forza d'Agrò in a vintage Fiat 500
- Stop off to wander the historic and quintessential streets of Savoca and Forza d'Agrò
- Limited group size ensuring a personalized experience
- Tour leader and english speaking guide
|Tours available on||
15.30 p.m., 9.30 a.m.
|Tour departure point||
Giardini Naxos Terminal Bus, Mazzarò Parking lot, Taormina Terminal Bus
3 hours (approx.)
Return to the pick up point
- Meeting point in Taormina and Giardini Naxos
- Savoca and Forza d'Agrò Tour
- Seat in a vintage Fiat 500
- Tour leader car
- Radio to stay in contact with the guides
- Personal expenses and extra drinks
- Tour confirmation will be given at the time of booking trough a voucher which must be presented on the day of the tour.
- The driver must be in possession of a valid European Union driving license or International Driving Permit. You must present identification that contains your address and date of birth.
- Drivers must have sufficient experience driving a manual transmission vehicle. The Company reserves the right to refuse car rental to a person who does not have sufficient experience driving manual transmission vehicles. No refund will be made in these instances.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- One car fits a maximum of 2 adults or 2 adults with 2 children.
- The cars do not have seat belts.
- Please dress lightly, the cars do not have air conditioning. No sandals or flip flops.
- It is not possible to install child safety seats as the cars are not fitted with seat belts. By law all children under the age of 3 years cannot be transported in cars without a seatbelt. Children of 3 years and above can travel in the front or back seat only if they are over 150 cm tall.
- Due to the size of the car, this tour is not suitable for passengers who weight over 100 Kg or who are taller than 1,9 meters.
- Only in English to preserve the quality of the experience
- Clients are required to be at meeting point 10 min. prior to the scheduled departure time.